Escape to the Country

Ok, so I've finally come back to Blogsville............. I know it's been a while but I do have an excuse........
We have escaped to the country!!!!

My man got a job in Toowoomba, QLD and so the journey began to find our perfect home.  We had a pretty modern home in Brisbane that had limited charm and character, apart from what I could bring to it through furnishings and dint's in the wall.  So with my love of all things Vintage and old it was time to find a home that fitted my love.

We did find our dream home, 20mins out of Toowoomba in a little country town with nothing but a post office and a pub.  We don't even have a letter box!!
Quirky Comfort Cottage
We do however have the most amazing views.................There is something very healing about seeing for miles in the distance across green fields. In the city I could never see the horizon, but once out in the country my lungs could breath deeper and my shoulders relax.
view out the back

The home is 100 years old, the original dairy farm house.  It has everything you would expect in a house that old, crocked windows and slanted timber flooring, but with that comes the highest ceilings, beautiful VJ walling, old wonderful doors, warm cozy fireplaces and endless oozing charm and character.
fireplace in the study nook

We have only been here for one month so there are still boxes in the shed waiting to be discovered, timber floors hidden under lino needing to be unveiled and many other niggly jobs,  but bringing my Vintage furniture into a house where it feels at home helps me feel more and more at home too.
Nanna's kitchen cabinet feels right at home

There are little jobs around the house that need doing so keep posted to find out how I turn my Quirky Cottage into a home.

Do you have a cottage, farm house or Vintage home, send me an email so you can share what you've been up to .

Cheers
Leisa
  

No comments:

Post a Comment